The first meeting of the “Presbyterian Service” was held on July 2, 1944 at the Coco Plum Woman’s Club with 51 people present. Presbyterian Service became known as Riviera Presbyterian Church on Jan. 11, 1945 at a meeting with 74 people present. At this time four Elders and four Deacons were elected and the annual budget was set at $1,200.
Oct. 14, 1945: A lot 200 ft. x 200 ft. on Sunset Drive was purchased for $4,000, and between 1945 and 1949 more land was purchased, a manse was built and an organ was purchased.
On May 8, 1949 ground was broken for the first phase of Riviera Presbyterian Church. This first building was the Sanctuary which is now Fellowship Hall.