by Rev. Martha Shiverick, March 15, 2015
by Rev. Martha Shiverick, 3/8/2015
By Rev. Martha Shiverick
Rev. Dr. Stephen Sapp on Feb. 22, 2015
by Rev. Dr. Stephen Sapp, Feb. 15
It is with heartfelt sadness that we announce to you the death of Rev. Frank Smith, who died on Saturday, January 24th.
Please send out your thoughts and prayers to the Hill-Smith Family. A memorial service will be held at Riviera on Saturday, January 31 at 10:30am.
Dear Brothers And Sisters in Christ:
Since I am still on through Feb 1 I want to use this moment to Thank You All for being so incredibly wonderful. Individually and as a congregation you have expressed your appreciation of me and all the work we’ve been able to accomplish in the last year and a half; and, for the fellowship we’ve shared in joyful celebrations and in sadness over the loss of loved one’s. For this I am truly thankful and blessed.
The party at Stevie’s was fantastic and as I have my last meeting with each of the committee’s and session I am more and more aware of how precious and sincere you all are in your commitments to God, the church, and one another.
I pray for your continued efforts in creating a more just and loving community, denomination, and life together. My hopes for you are high as a body you have all the gifts and talents necessary to
fulfill God’s call through faithful discipleship.
My thoughts and prayers will be with you and Missy as you venture into continuing your commitments and exploring new possibilities. As I like to say- stay in trouble!
Farewell Blessings and Love,
Riviera Presbyterian Church’s Called Pastor, The Rev. Martha M. Shiverick will start her ministry at RPC with a Lenten Sermon Series starting on March 1 — Faith Lessons from Old Stories. Worship service begins at 11:00am.
Here is RPC’s Worship calendar for Lent:
- Feb. 18 – Ash Wednesday, observed with soup dinner at 6:15 p.m. and worship service at 7 p.m. with Rev. Dr. Stephen Sapp
- March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 – Lenten Sermon Series with Rev. Shiverick, 11 a.m. Sunday.
- Lenten Dinner Events – RPC continues tradition of events in member homes. Please sign up for these simple meals with clip boards (soon to appear) at back of Sanctuary.
- April 2 – Maundy Thursday service, 7 p.m. by Rev. Shiverick.
- April 3 – Good Friday, RPC participating in multi-congregation event at noon, at Coral Gables Congregational Church.
- April 5 – Easter service, 11 a.m.. All are welcome – bring a friend.